Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Gospel is Here to Stay


Apostasy:
After reading these scriptures (2 Thessalonians 2:1-3; Amos 8:11-12; Ephesians 2:19-20; Matthew 24:9-12, 24; 1 Timothy 4:1-3) and references (in the institute manual commentary for 2 Thessalonians 2:3, "What is the 'Falling Away' Which Must First Take Place Before the Second Coming?") about the apostasy, all I can say is that sounds like a dark and scary time. I feel like it would be total chaos. Everyone would be confused and seeking to find the truth but never finding it. I think it would have been a gradual fear, too. Meaning that at first many might feel liberated, but then as lies abound and disorder arises fear would soon enter the hearts of many. That fear would then be followed by anger and frustration. It would be a very unhappy time. I am so thankful that I did not have to live in the times of the apostasy. I am even more comforted and thankful that we have been promised by the Lord that such darkness will never occur again. That He will never remove the priesthood or leaders of the church from the Earth again—the gospel is here to stay and progress throughout the nation. What a positive and uplifting promise. I could not even fathom the complete misery and fear that must have held the hearts of the people during the apostasy when the gospel was taken from the earth. I am so grateful to live in a day where we are blessed with living prophets and apostles that are there to lead and guide us. I am thankful for modern revelation and for personal revelation. I am thankful for the power of the priesthood. I am thankful for prayer. I am thankful for my Eternal Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ. In short, I am eternally grateful for the gospel not only in my life, but forever in the lives of the faithful here on Earth.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If one’s "soil" is fertile for the Lord they ought to be living their life in a Christ-like manner. They should be loving to all, quick to forgive, slow to anger—they should be charitable. In doing these things, they would be living a life of servitude to the Lord. They would see every opportunity as a teaching moment. It wouldn’t always have to be a grand moment, often the biggest impact is made by the simplest of act. The point is someone whose soil is fertile to the Lord would cease every possible moment to be the Lord’s hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment