Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Testament Course at BYU-Idaho

Search.Ponder.Pray. ~Some Gospel Thoughts~



As I finish my time at BYU-Idaho, this being my last semester, I am taking a New Testament Class. This course is a study of the early Apostles as they labored to build the Lord's church after His death and resurrection, their letters and epistles from Acts through Revelation.

Each week I am asked to read different scriptures pertaining to this area of the New Testament. I am then asked to respond to various questions/activities that are posed weekly. As such, I thought it would be wise to keep a running blog of my thoughts and feelings as I progress throughout this course to track my spiritual growth and also to help share the gospel of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

From this course, I hope to:
1. Develop a greater faith in and testimony of Jesus Christ; deepen my personal conversion to him.
2. Increase my ability to learn and teach by the Spirit.
3. Maintain a habit of daily scripture study.
4. Identify, understand, and apply principles from the scriptures and the words of the prophets.
5. Explain, share, and testify of true doctrines and principles.

6. Master (meaning memorize, explain, and apply) key scriptural passages.

No comments:

Post a Comment