Friday, July 6, 2012

Lesson Five: Personal Journal

Reminded of the Little, Yet Important Things...

This week I loved reading in Ephesians. I took a lot away from the six chapters in there. I found that I was reminded of the little things...which are more often than not the important things. In the first chapter I was reminded that through Christ we can be forgiven. I also was reminded of how important it is for us to pray for our brothers and sisters, our friends and our enemies. We always need to have a sincere prayer in our heart. What would life be like if each of us did that? It would change the world.

I also was reminded of how important it is to serve, and how I need to be better and more diligent in serving. In Ephesians 2:10 it says that we need to walk with God in good works. It also was brought to my attention of how I need to go to bed happy, not angry. I love that and think there is great wisdom in it. Furthermore, I need to see that I always honor my parents. My parents have given and done everything for me. The least I can do is show my love and respect for them. Moreover, I read that we need to see that we not only do the will of god, but with a sincere heart. For grace will be with all those who sincerely love our Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ.

These are just of few things I was able to take away from my reading in Ephesians alone. As you can see, I was and needed to be reminded of a lot of small--yet important--things. Now that I have been reminded of them, I need to see that I put them to use in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment