Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lesson Six: Personal Journal

Applying Scriptural Counsel:

I loved the different assignments this week because I feel they caused me to grow in a different way. Rather than just growing internally, I feel like I was able to also grow externally. By this I mean rather than me reading the scriptures and seeing how I can change, I saw how I can apply it to situations that occur in my daily life. I loved making this connection because it made the doctrine and counsel given so much more tangible and real for me. I was able to see how the gospel not only can benefit my life, but also the lives of those around me if I but am familiar with the counsel therein. My testimony of missionary work was reinforced this week. I know that in order to speak the truth to others, we first have to know and live and be filled with the truth ourselves.

I also loved my group goal this week: To have nightly gratitude prayers. This has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father most definitely. There were several times this week when I--for whatever reasons--just was not in the best of moods come evening. The last thing I wanted to do was to pray because selfish and stubborn me knew that would cause me to calm my thoughts and humble my heart. Yet...I did. And literally five seconds into those prayers I instantly felt the Holy Ghost rush over me and calm me and comfort me. I suddenly could not be angry anymore. I have a strong and fervent testimony of the power of prayer and the miraculous effects it can behold on an individual. I know my Heavenly Father hears me. I know He is there. And I love Him for that--for NEVER leaving my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment