Monday, July 16, 2012

Lesson Seven: Personal Journal

I loved finding principles in the reading this week. The ones I found were very powerful to me. Also, I loved reading some of the principles my classmates had found. I went back and marked them and took notes in my scriptures so that I can refer back and remember the insight I gained this week. Perhaps the one principle that has been on my mind the most is my princple I found in 1 John 4:20 "If I love God, then I will love my neighbor. " I love how it asks in this verse that if we don't love our neighbors, then how can we love God? I know of some people in my extended family that are so strong in the gospel, yet can't seem to forgive each other. (And the sad thing is in this case it was because of stupid money. The scriptures are yet again true when they say that money is the root of all evil.) Even though we read (and we hear all the time from modern day prophets and apostles of the importance of forgiveness) right here of how we NEED to love our neighbor just as we love God! For if we don't love our brothers and sisters, how then can we love God? It is so hard and frustrating, but it is not my place to judge or try to correct them; for I know I myself have many faults and areas of improvement, too (It is the carnal state of man that we are all in). I just hope that some day they will see the light and that their hearts will be softened towards one another. Until that day, I will continue to try and be a positive example and a loving family member towards them. And of course, I will continue to pray for them...always.

No comments:

Post a Comment